WHY DO YOU NEED LIFE INSURANCE COVER?
Life insurance ensures that you and your family are financially protected in the event of a death, disability, severe illness or loss of income. The life cover portion pays out a lump sum in the event of a death which can then be used by you or your loved ones to cover any financial obligations – from funeral costs to outstanding home loans – that may arise from your death.
In addition, severe illness, disability and income protection benefits can cover your financial needs in the form of either a lump sum payout or a regular income. You can also cover the education costs of your children should you die, become disabled or suffer from a severe illness. We’ve designed our products to provide relevant, comprehensive benefits that adapt to your changing needs. To find out more about our products, contact your financial adviser or get life insurance quote from us today.
Benefits to enhance your cover
- Your life cover will pay out a lump sum if you suffer from a severe illness.
- Payable lump sum if you become disabled.
- Monthly amount paid to you if you’re unable to work due to injury or illness.
- We will fund your children’s education in the event of your death, disability or severe illness.
Additional benefits to provide further financial protection:
- Medical Premium Waiver:The Medical Premium Waiver covers your family’s Discovery Health Medical Scheme contributions for up to 10 years if you die, become disabled or suffer severe illness. This benefit will cover the contributions for the remaining lives on your health plan and will increase in line with the medical scheme contribution increase, up to a maximum of 20% each year.
- Global Health Protector: The Global Health Protector ensures that you and your family are covered for a number of medical procedures that either cannot be performed in South Africa or have a greater success rate if performed in the USA.The Global Health Protector will cover the cost of medically necessary healthcare procedures and medication in the USA. It will also cover the costs of transporting you and, if medically necessary, a family member, organ donor, nurse or doctor to the medical facility.Discovery has partnered with an extensive network of leading hospitals and centres of excellence in the USA to ensure that the full procedure, including surgical and medical treatments and organ transplants, will be covered. An overall lifetime limit of $1 million per insured family member applies.